Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Survivor Gabon: Rehash show

In case you were in a turkey coma and missed it, I watched the Survivor reheat show. Some new footage, some stuff from their interview tapes. It's narrated by Jeff, who says "it's a true underdog story" like he's auditioning to play King Lear at the summer stock Shakespeare Festival.

Audition Tapes:

-There's some strange thing with Ace-hole in a suite on a beach.
-Randy's tape shows him sitting in front of an urn with his dead dog's remains. "I've only loved one thing in my life, my dog. Dogs rule, people suck". He's also playing with a knife and what looks like a huge steak, surrounded by pictures of his dog.
-Bob is in his school cafeteria saying how good he would be eating bugs and stuff cause he's eaten crap in the cafeteria for years. Before he finished his sentence, the lunchroom lady cracks him on the head and takes him down. Hilarious.
-Susie says that if chosen, she needs to take her tweezers so she doesn't come home with a beard and mustache. I hear ya 45 year old sister.
-Matty: "I was put on the planet for Survivor".

Hey, I never knew there was a Marcus and Jackie romance that made Corrine mad. Seriously, half of this episode is anger management, which is really what survivor is all about.

New scenes:

-Matty makes everyone stand around the campfire and sing "Jamie's a really good fellow" to celebrate his girlfriend's birthday. Afterwards, he's talking about getting engaged or something and Randy tells him he's never suffered any of the losses Randy has. Like what, Randy? Randy gets all emotional talking about how his dog (a big black dog named Johnson-you do the pop psychology on THAT one) died 5 years ago. He's gonna get another dog when he gets home so he will have someone to tell about his Survivor experience. That should send fear through the animal shelters.

Hey, did anyone ever notice that Bob wears crocs? They have crocs in Iowa?? I wonder if you can smell them all the way across Africa? (Note: anyone looking for a cheap high, go to the croc store in the Limerick outlets and inhale. There are like, 10,000 pairs of crocs in there giving off croc gasses. Seriously, my head hurt in 2 minutes)

Replay of the time Kota won reward and got helicoptered to a picnic. It's hilarious cause it's a "high end picnic" and Corrine is freaking out that no one knows what the food is. "It's a freakin gerkin, for god sake". She goes ballistic cause no one knows what pate is, or proscuitto or blue cheese. Close up: "I'd rather be serving up poison to these people". WOW. I hope her parole officer is watching this.

Answer to my question: Sugar made new clothes out of the rug in the Exile Island hut.

Not sure this is a new scene, but I must have missed the part where Sugar decided to educate Corrine on her negative outlook on life. She's telling Corrine that "everything you say is noted" and you probably don't realize what a friggin bitch you are. Corrine just sits there but later EXPLODES to Randy "I'm not going to take a lesson from a non-college educated out of work waitress who lives on the goodness of people. I hate people who live on the goodness of people" (haha-this is my favorite line cause I could see me ranting this a few years ago when I was a big fat executive). "At the least, I'll be able to control the jury and 'this is how the lesson goes, bitch'". WOW. Did I mention her audition tape has her in a bikini yammering on and on about how she went to the University of Florida (ivy league? I think not) on a full scholarship and finished in 3 years. Cause, probably, they wanted her gone too.

The episode finished up with a replay of the Randy cookie incident and his exit. Just as good the third time around.

Back to the real show Thursday night!

No comments: