Friday, September 28, 2007

Phoebe



Phoebe, aka puppalicious, is a flat-coated retriever, 13 weeks old today, and my first dog ever. She joins 2 cats, Jake and Molly. More on them later...My husband is the dog lover, I've always been afraid of them and with a wealth of good excuses managed to keep us from getting a dog for the 14 and a half year of our marriage. I guess he just wore me down, or I ran out of excuses but the minute I said, "ok, you can start looking for puppies", he found one. Somehow I think he's had a list of breeders in his back pocket for a while.


So, we now have baby gates all around the house and find ourselves saying things like, "did she do poops?" to each other. I, unfortunately, have become the chewy toy of choice. When she went to pre-puppy kindergarten the teacher laughed and said, in the hierarchy of our house, Wil's the alpha parent and I'm the chewy. I've explained to her that I have 2 masters degrees and was once a BIG DEAL in business, with lots of people afraid of me on a daily basis, but she just goes for my feet.

No comments: